- Undergraduate Research CIAM 4990
- Every Environmental Sciences student must complete a research experience in the laboratory or in the field. This course offers undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct research in Environmental Sciences or ecology under the mentorship of faculty and graduate students. The student will put in practice the theoretical knowledge gained in the courses and gain an appreciation of how scientific research is done by getting involved in research projects.
- Credits: One (1) to three (3). How many hours count for credit? For each credit, you have to invest 5 hours. (1 credit- 5 hours, 2 credits- 10 hours, 3 credits- 15 hours).
- A complete list of the faculty can be found here.
- Application form.
- Requirements. Completion of the CIAM 4990 form signed by a researcher and returned to de department for enrollment. OPASO workshops- certification of approval.
- IMPORTANT. CIAM 4990- Undergraduate Research for Environmental Students is for students in the Department of Environmental Sciences. CIAM4990 and BIOL4990 are not the same.
Note; For more details contact the CIAM 4990 Coordinator or the Environmental Sciences Department Chair.
- Senior Thesis CINA 4997
- A senior thesis is a large, independent research project that students take on during their senior year of college to fulfill their graduation requirements. It is the culminating work of their studies at a particular institution, and it represents their ability to conduct research and write effectively. Students typically work closely with an advisor and choose a question or topic to explore before carrying out a research plan. For more information here.
Note; For more details contact the CINA 4997 Professor or the Environmental Sciences Department Chair.