How to apply?

Following is a list of steps the student must complete to apply for admission to the University of Puerto Rico

  • Fill out the admission application
    The admission application can be completed through the Internet: APPLY NOW!.

Note: It is important that the student fill out only one admission application! You have the opportunity to select three study alternatives, which could be on the same Campus or in different Campuses. Make sure to not indicate the same program on the same Campus more than once because you will be limiting your study options.

  • The application for Admission to the University of Puerto Rico System has a cost of $20 (no reimbursement).
  • Non Traditional Admission

Fill out the Application for Admission.
Manage the sending of an official credit transcript at the high school where you are studying. You must have a 2.00 GPA or higher.
The College Board exam (PAA or SAT) is optional and will be used for placement upon admission.
Meet any of the categories. You can find information about them by accessing

It is also allowed to take the test in English known as the SAT, offered by the College Board. In this case, you should also take the following aptitude SAT II tests: English (Literature or Writing), Mathematics @ Level IC4 or IIC4, and Spanish (Reading). The test known as ELPT is not equivalent to the SAT II, which is why it is not accepted for admission to the UPR. Request the College Board to send the test results to the Admissions Office of the unit that you applied to as your first study choice. The test results expire after five years. It is important that the information included in the admission application to the UPR be the same as the one you submitted in the College Board or SAT application. In case of discrepancies, the results of the tests will not show up as received in the Acknowledgement of Receipt that the UPR will send you. For more information about the SAT, you can go to the following web page:

  • The process to send official transcripts to the high school where you study is no later than January 29th.
  • Submit Graduation Certification with the authorizing signature from your school.

In case of being admitted, you will receive this certification as part of the admission documents. Make sure to take it to your school for the required signature and turn it into the Admissions Office of the Campus to you have been admitted.

If you have graduated from a high school outside of Puerto Rico or the United States, you must complete the following additional requirements:

  • Submit evidence of diplomas and titles received together with a certification indicating that the institution has official recognition by the government of the country of origin.
  • Process the degree equivalence in the Department of Education.
  • Evidence availability of economic resources to study in Puerto Rico.
  • The process at the precedence school is the sending of an official explanatory report about the grading system used to evaluate the academic performance, the content and the level of the courses taken, and the number of hours that each subject covers.