RENEW-AR-UPRRP Fellowship: Application Process
Complete the application form
- Access the form here.
- It is a Google Form, the user will need to fill the form using a Google account.
- In this form, the Personal Statement and the Transcript will be uploaded
Submit the Personal Statement
- In no more than 500 words, describe what interests you in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, math) and how participation in this fellowship experience will help you move towards your academic goals and/or career interests.
- Please be sure to address the following points: a) What are your short and long-term goals? b) How has your background and/or previous experience led you to these goals? (This may include coursework, co-curricular activities, etc.) c) What is your motivation to participate in the DOE-RENEW training Program? d) What do you hope to accomplish through your participation in the program?
Include a copy of your transcript
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted but these must clearly state overall GPA, Concentration GPA and courses currently being taken.
Letter of recommendation
- Applicants are required to have one letter of recommendation from a course or research faculty (advisors for graduate applicants) submitted on their behalf.
- The student will provide the email in the application form.
- The professor must be able to comment on the abilities and qualities of the student to do research.
The fellowship will support:
- Student stipends: Graduate (24,000/year, PhD, $18,000 Masters); Undergraduate (Summer: $3,360, Academic year: $5000).
- Opportunities to participate in off-island internships to DOE National Laboratories (Brookhaven and Argonne) and travel to scientific conferences.
- Research training and specialized courses in Atmospheric Sciences*
* Successful participants can potentially complete their seniors’ thesis requirement through this program.
For more information about the DOE-RENEW please contact Dr. Elvia Meléndez-Ackerman (email@example.com).
Preference will be given to students who submit their application by April 15th.