The Department of Physics of UPR-RP aims to become an internationally recognized center for research and education in theoretical and experimental Physics.
The Department of Physics of UPR-Rio Piedras:
- Educates physicists who can help advance the frontiers of Physics and the development of Puerto Rico.
- Provides educational experiences for the academic development of all undergraduate science students, which enrich their scientific understanding of the physical world and foster a deep understanding of Physics concepts.
- Helps expand the frontiers of science thorough the execution of original theoretical and experimental research.
- Provides an academic environment that supports a culture of highly-competitive Physics and physicists.
The Department of Physics of the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, strives:
- To prepare competitive physicists able to achieve high goals in the field of Physics and other interdisciplinary fields.
- To enhance the capacity of all science students to understand and employ universal Physics principles which underlay their particular disciplines.
- To increase the number and quality of Physicists committed to research and education in Puerto Rico.
- To increase the number and quality of undergraduate majors in Physics studying at the University of Puerto Rico.
- To enhance the Department’s research and academic reputation in the national and international Physics communities.
- To hire and retain highly competitive research and education faculty members.
- To develop state-of-the-art teaching and research infrastructure in Physics.