Opportunity - NASA Pathways Intern Program
NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) currently has job announcements for the Pathways Intern Program. Announcements are provided viawww.usajobs.gov on September 12-16th. Students can prepare to apply by creating an account in USAJobs and completing a search for NASA Pathways Intern opportunities in Houston, TX.
What is the Pathways Intern Program?
The NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) Pathways Intern Program (formerly known as the co-op program) follows a cooperative education model where current undergraduate and graduate students gain valuable work experience on an alternating school/work basis, and serves as a pipeline for future full-time employees. Interns will rotate into a different functional area at JSC, allowing individuals to try out different career paths while attending school and preparing for a potential NASA career after graduation. Interns are assigned a mentor for each rotation. Mentors will work side-by-side with Interns to ensure a meaningful experience. Additionally, Interns are able to receive the same benefits as full-time employees such as bi-weekly pay, insurance, and paid time-off.
Recruiting the following majors:
- Business: Accounting, business administration, finance, public administration, management, economics, communication, marketing, journalism, and human resources.
- echnical: Aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, software engineering, and AST qualifying graduate degrees.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in an accredited educational institution
- Be enrolled on at least half-time basis pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.90 (on a 4.00 scale); 3.0 and higher preferred.
- Have completed at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours towards a bachelor’s degree or pursuing a graduate degree.
- Undergraduate students must have at least 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours remaining prior to graduation. Graduate and doctorate students must have an expected graduate date no earlier than one year from the closing date of a job announcement.
Please visit the NASA Pathways Opportunities website to review opportunities at JSC and other NASA Centers by clicking on the following web