Scholarship for Bootcamp
- The application is open to all college students in Puerto Rico pursuing a career related to software development, or that have a strong background in software development. Applicants must have experience with Object-Oriented development.
- Paradise, and Puerto Rico Science, Technology & Research Trust, our sponsor, want to encourage women to excel in computing and technology. Thus, we have scholarships designated for women.
- If you want to apply, please submit your application online by 11 pm on August 12, 2015. Students that submit early have a significant advantage because we have more time to read their applications. Students that submit a full application have a significant advantage as well. Students will be notified of the results starting on August 14, 2015.
- If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you are expected to be present at all times for the entire duration of the bootcamp. The bootcamp lasts 5 days. Every day starts at 8:30am, and ends sometime around 6:30pm. There is lunch included. There will be snacks and beverages available all day as well. We don't provide transportation. However, you can get to our offices via Tren Urbano. There is a stop minutes away from our building.
- There is a limited amount of scholarships. However, the more students that apply, the better chances we have of recruiting more sponsors, and thus provide more scholarships for the future bootcamps.
- One year of programming experience with an Object-Oriented (OO) language (Java, Python, C#, Ruby). That is, at least two courses in OO development, or one course and an internship or coop (that involved OO development).
- No knowledge of Swift/Objective-C or the iOS SDK is required.
Bring your own computer
- We do not provide a computer during the class. Please, bring your own Apple desktop computer or laptop, and power cord, with the latest version of Xcode, and OSX already installed. You can download the latest version from the Mac AppStore or from the Apple Developer Website. You will need an Apple Developer Account; you can get one for free.
- We do not provide an iOS device during the class. Please, bring your own iOS device, and power cord.
Apple Developer Program
- Enroll on the Apple Developer Program (before the training begins) to take advantage of the sections covering account setup, iOS device provisioning, and submission to the App Store.
Also, you'll need this in order to download XCode. Note that you can sign up to the Apple Developer Program for free, and you'll be able to run all examples (only) on the simulator. Additionally, the instructor will have an iOS device where you can see the result of your work live.