2014 NASA EPSCoR International Space Station Flight Opportunity
[Please, notice that this new CAN is different to the 2014 NASA EPSCoR Competition (announcement number NNH14ZHA001C).]
It is a pleasure to notify the PR Scientific Community about the 2014 NASA EPSCoR International Space Station (ISS) Flight Opportunity (announcement number NNH14ZHA002C).
This solicitation is for current or previously funded EPSCoR projects that are mature enough to design a research experiment or develop research experimental hardware to the point that it can safely be flown on the ISS.
- All proposed projects must be mature enough to transition to a flight experiment with little or no additional NASA funding.
- The maximum funding request per proposal is $100,000. This amount is to be expended over a three-year period.
- There is no cost share requirement for this opportunity. As directed by NASA, the PR NASA EPSCoR Director, Dr. Gerardo Morell, will be the Managing PI of the proposal. It will be submitted via NSPIRES through the UPR Resource Center for Science and Engineering.
- Interested research teams are invited to submit pre-proposals to the PR NASA EPSCoR office. The pre-proposals will be used to determine the best TWO projects to be developed into full-fledged proposals.
The pre-proposals must contain the following information:
Cover Page (one page)
- Project Title
- Research PI: name, affiliation, contact information
- Co-investigators: names and affiliations
- Collaborating NASA Center(s) and point(s) of contact
Project Summary (1-2 pages)
- Goals, Objectives, and Anticipated Results (1-2 pages)
- Relevance to, Partnerships with, and Interactions with NASA (one page)
- Relevance to, Partnerships with, and Interactions within the
Jurisdiction (one page)
- Curriculum Vitae of PI and Co-Is (two pages per person)
Pre-proposals are due by 4:00 PM on Monday, February 10,2014.
Hardcopies and digital files are accepted. (Digital files must be named with the full name of the research PI.) The pre-proposals must be sent to:
Ms. Mayra W. Martínez, Assistant Director
PR NASA EPSCoR304 Facundo Bueso Bldg
PO Box 23334
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931-3334
Phone: 787-282-7047/ 787-765-5170 x2117